An exorcism is needed... ...my suitcase is possessed...by Stef Tietz

An exorcism is needed...
 
...my suitcase is possessed...
 
So, after an excruciatingly tiring three leg trip, we finally arrived in Oaxaca.  Oaxaca's airport is teeny tiny and it was with much enthusiasm that I stood by the one and only luggage carousel anxiously awaiting my suitcase.  Sonja's suitcase was the first one that slowly approached...I swallowed and kept my enthusiastic demeanor, trying very hard to ignore the nagging feeling in the back of my head that the family curse of lost luggage had once again struck. After all the suit cases were gone off the belt I saw nothing but a lonely postcard left slowly being carried around in circles.  I picked it up to find a picture of my suitcase living it up in a more tropical destination accompanied by the Roaming Gnome...
After filing a report with Mexicana Click Airlines (Lord help me...) I found out that they really have no idea where my suitcase is, but they expect it to "show up" tonight or tomorrow..."They always do".  Hmmm apparently luggage comes home after it's had a chance to spread it's wings and sow some wild oats.  My suitcase apparently is really bored with my destination choices and prefers to find it's own...EVERY TIME I FLY!!!  But, I am not a dumb child.  I have learned that one packs a weeks worth of clothes in the carry on, even if one's friend makes fun of one for bringing everything one owns.  So I am set for a few days at least.  
 
We have explored the immediate vicinity of our Hotel, which is very nice by the way.  Our suite is quite big and very comfy.  I will attempt to send some pictures soon.  The only down side so far is that it is quite cold.  Sonja and I both bought a new summer wardrobe for this trip, and well, today we have been freezing our buns off wearing jeans and the only long sleeve items we brought.
 
Sonja begins her language class tomorrow, which leaves me time for some well earned sleep and finally getting some of my required reading done before I start my seminar on Monday.
 
So, I am running on about 3 hours of sleep for the last 48 hours and am heading to Zombie land. 
 
Buenas Noches!
Stef

Comments